- LYY’s opening hours
- Answer LYY’s survey!
- Information about the coronavirus
- Meeting of the Council of Representatives has been postponed
- LYY events have been cancelled
- Tips for remote studying
- Tips for free time
- Apply to be an international tutor!
- Give feedback on Student union’s feedback channel
- Register your event to the LYY’s event calendar
- Rent LYY’s Sauna for your parties
LYY’s opening hours
Our customer service point at F-wing is closed for the time being.
If you need our services a meeting at the Student Union’s office (Ahkiomaantie 23B) can be agreed in advance
lyy(at)lyy.fi / +358 44 787 5670.
Answer LYY’s survey!
Please answer our survey!
LYY’s survey regarding the sense of community is ending 26th of April. Please answer now and help our work in the Student union.
We want to know what creates the sense of community in the University of Lapland, how often bullying takes place and what supports the progression of your studies.
We would be grateful, if you could use couple of minutes of your time and take part in this survey. Survey was last time held in 2017 but this is the first time we translated all the questions in English. Whether you are an exchange student or degree student we appreciate your opinions.
The survey is anonymous, but you can leave your e-mail address if you want that LYY’s harassment contact person to help you.
Information about the coronavirus
LYY has released an announcement about the impacts of coronavirus on the students of the University of Lapland. The announcement is updated on a regular basis.
Meeting of the Council of Representatives has been postponed.
The Council of Representatives was scheduled to have a meeting 26.3. The meeting has been postponed because of the coronavirus pandemic.
LYY events have been cancelled
Unless we make a separate announcement telling you otherwise, all events organized by LYY are indefinitely cancelled. This regards at least the following events:
- LYYski 27.3.
- All events related to Vappu 20.4.-1.5.
We will find out if these events can be organized at a later date, for instance on autumn. We will inform about this later. During the Vappu weeks we will try to arrange some events that you can also participate in via remote access.
Kide.app will refund the LYYski ticket and gear rent costs to the participants. However, currently they’re experiencing a lot of traffic in their service, so it might take a couple of weeks. Please contact us on 20.4. if you haven’t got your refund.
More information: Organization and Communications Specialist Netta Riponiemi, jarjestoasiantuntija(at)lyy.fi / +358 45 138 4192
Tips for remote studying
- Get dressed. Don’t stay in pyjamas all day even if you’re staying home!
- If possible, make a separate workspace. Don’t work from your bed or couch, reserve them for relaxing.
- Keep your workspace organized! This will help you concentrate.
- Take care of your work ergonomics.
- Avoid distractions! Leave your phone outside your working space.
- Listening to music might help concentration.
- Stick to your normal working hours! Schedule your day and follow the plan.
- Remember to take breaks!
- Keep in contact with others via phone- or videocalls. You can also have remote coffee breaks with colleagues.
- Go outside! Fresh air will keep you energized.
- Cut down on screen time outside of work.
- Remember to relax and enjoy your free time!
Tips for free time
It can be difficult to think of fun things to do at home. Here’s a few tips:
- Stay connected to your loved ones. Call friends and family.
- Explore the activities that internet has to offer!
- Become your own master chef. Now’s a good time to try out new recipes.
- Spring cleaning helps you kill time AND makes your home nicer to spend time at.
- Help others. Cheer up a stressed friend or go grocery shopping for someone who can’t.
- Get creative! Paint, draw or start a new DIY-project.
- Movie marathons are always nice, but don’t spend all your time in front of a screen.
- Read a book.
- If reading is not your thing, try audiobooks instead! LYY and Nextory offer you a free 30 day trial with the code lyy .
Apply to be an international tutor!
Due to a mistake on the University’s website, the application period for becoming an international tutor has been extended until the end of March.
The student tutor guides the new students to their new university and Rovaniemi, gives advice and tutors the students in studying along with different issues about student life. Tutors also earn little money and they get study credits.
Give feedback on Student union’s feedback channel
Student union has created a feedback channel, which is open to everyone. On the channel, you can tell your thoughts anonymously and ask anything. You can contact us personally or via feedback form. Leave your feedback here.
More information: Organization and Communications Specialist Netta Riponiemi, jarjestoasiantuntija(at)lyy.fi
Register your event to the LYY’s event calendar
You can register to LYY’s websites your own event! Adding your event to our website is really easy and fast and at the same time everybody else can also see your event straight on LYY’s website! When you register your event, remember that they have to be open to everyone – unless you want loads of gatecrashers.
Register your event on LYY’s event calendar here!
Rent LYY’s Sauna for your parties
Student Union’s Sauna is available for renting during the summertime. If you are a member of the Student Union of the University of Lapland, the renting costs you 100 euros / night. For non-members the price from Sunday to Thursday is 150 euros / night and from Friday to Saturday 200 euros / night.
More info from our website or jarjestoasiantuntija(at)lyy.fi
Sing in the list:
Send message: ”SUB lyyinfo first name lastname”
To the address: listaposti(at)uapland.fi
Sing off the list:
Send message: “SIGNOFF LYYINFO”
To the address: listaposti(at)ulapland.fi
Give feedback about “Lyytiset” to the address: jarjestoasiantuntija(at)lyy.fi