LYY has made the following instructions for organizing events in our student community. The instructions are meant for both organizers and event participants. We are closely following the COVID-19 situation and will update these instructions if needed.
We recommend that the guidelines and instructions given by authorities are followed. You can find the up-to-date instructions of the University of Lapland on their website. Read more about the releases by the Finnish Institute of Health and Welfare on the THL official website and read about the hygiene practices required by the Regional State Administrative Agency
Instructions for organizers
The hygiene practices required by the Regional State Administrative Agency must be followed. Because of this great consideration should be used in organizing night club events in September.
Student associations and other operators can organize events with consideration. Special attention must be paid to good hygiene, social distancing and other infection preventing actions.
All events must require participants to sign up in order to track possible infections.
For every event a person/persons must be assigned to take care of the execution of safety measures and the following if safety instructions.
Everyone involved in organizing the event must be made aware of the event’s safety measures.
Event participants must be thoroughly informed about safety measures and instructions.
Events must be organized in a way that allows practicing safe distances.
The current face mask recommendations by THL must be followed in events. Face masks should be worn ALWAYS when it’s not possible to keep safe distances. Face mask wearing instructions must be made available.
All events must be organized in a way that participating is possible with a face mask on.
Alcohol use is not to be encouraged in the event or its marketing. Intoxication can increase risk behaviour.
If events by different organizers are held in the same area at the same time the events must be kept clearly separate.
The quick cancelling of the event must be prepared for and each event must have a free cancelling policy for participants.
Organizing remote events is encouraged, so that everyone has the chance to participate.
If you have any questions or need support in organizing events, contact LYY! veera.saarikivi(at)lyy.fi
Instructions for participants
- It is not allowed to attend events with any symptoms of the virus or a doubt of infection.
- Do not participate in an event if you have arrived to Finland from abroad in the last 14 days.
- We do not recommend for people in risk groups or people in close contact with risk groups to attend events.
- We do not recommend visiting nightclubs after events.
- Sign up for the event as instructed by the event’s organizer.
- Keep safe distances.
- Take care of good hand hygiene. Wash your hands regularly and use the hand disinfectant as needed. Hand disinfectant will be available in LYY events, but we also recommend using your own and carrying it with you.
- Do not share food or drinks with others.
- Follow the current face mask recommendations by THL. Face masks should be worn ALWAYS when it’s not possible to keep safe distances.
- Follow the instructions given by the event organizers.
- If you are diagnosed with the coronavirus within 14 days of attending an event immediately contact LYY’s Secretary General paasihteeri(at)lyy.fi, +358 40 578 4207
- The responsibility of preventing infections belongs to us all. Take care of yourself as well as others!
Attending events is done at one’s own risk.