The Student Union of The University of Lapland is closely following the developments of the coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic and the actions of the University of Lapland and Finnish Institute of Health and Wellfare regarding the situation.
We recommend that the guidelines and instructions given by authorities are followed. You can find the up-to-date instructions of the University of Lapland on their website. The University has also sent out updated instructions by e-mail to all students. Read more about the releases by the Finnish Institute of Health and Wellfare here.
Guidelines in a nutshell
- We recommend to exercise extreme caution regarding all domestic travels.
- Owing to an elevated contagion and health risk, our students are not allowed to make work- or study-related trips abroad.
- All incoming visits from abroad must be cancelled or postponed for the time being.
- Those returning to Finland from abroad are required to work and study at home for 14 days.
- For the time being, the University of Lapland forbids conferences, courses and other such events involving more than 30 people and rejects visitors from abroad.
- You can protect yourself from the virus like you do with other pathogens causing respiratory tract infections. You should wash your hands properly and cough as instructed above.
- If you have symptoms of the common cold, influenza, or some other infectious disease, stay at home.
- If you suspect you have been infected, you may call FSHS through the HTA phone 046 710 1090 (Monday – Thursday 8:00 – 15:00, Friday 8:00 – 14:00) or SelfChat (Monday–Friday 12:00 – 14:00).
We are expecting more detailed information about the University’s instructions in the coming days, especially regarding the ensuring of education and progression of studies. We are staying in contact with the University’s officials and demand that the safety of the students and faculty is the first priority.